What is the PPI?
The Public Procurement of innovation (PPI) is an administrative action to promote innovation, aimed at encouraging the development of new products or services from the demand side, through the public procurement instrument.
This new tool for public purchases will be fundamental for the strengthening of innovative companies, by encouraging the private sector to make proposals of greater added value to solve strategic projects of the Administration.
How does it work?
- The administration demands innovative products services (not existing in the market)
- Companies co-develop innovative solutions with the Administration
- The client / end user has better public service at his disposal.
What benefits does it bring?
The main benefits to the actors are indicated as follows:
- Satisfy long-term needs
- Development of leading markets at the regional level
- Early demand and connection with suppliers
- Optimization of processes and obtaining savings
- Modernize the provision of the services
- Improvement in the image of the Administration
- More beneficial than a R&D+I contract
- Has a reference client
- Demonstration scenarios in real environment
- Share risks and benefits with the buyer
- Greater links with academia and technology centres
Client / final user
- Improvement of service quality
- Generation of qualified employment
- R&D+I of new business areas
- Generation of new business areas
What is purchased through the PPI?
The first thing that must be clarified is that through the PPI a solution-based process is not allowed to make the purchase. That is, it starts from a need of the Administration and is launched to the market as a challenge to be solved through the I + D.
¿What is the APBA willing to buy through the PPI?
Access and consult our bulletin board:
[button url=»/en/category/financial/public-procurement-of-innovation/» class=»» bg=»» hover_bg=»» size=»0px» color=»» radius=»0px» width=»0px» height=»0px» target=»_self»] See bulletin board [/button]